(CPT) PERSONAL TRAINER CERTIFICATION COURSE
Our CPT course is a hands-on, entry-level course; geared toward developing a solid foundation for a health and fitness career as a fitness instructor. The course prepares students for the Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) exam. Students who take this exam also qualify to take the accredited NCCPT exam at a discounted price.
For over 25 years, NSPA has been dedicated to teaching a high quality, hands-on personal trainer certification. Come take our course and know you got the training you need to get a job and to be ready to work with clients. Sign-up today!
Click Here for Course Schedules
Upcoming CPT Classes -
- January 24/25 (Sat/Sun)- Sport and Health – Ballston (Va.)., - -$400 – use code dis1 for $50 off (first 10 registrants) 8am-6pm
- February 7/8 (Sat/Sun)-Merritt Athletic Club- Owings Mills, MD., - -$400 – use code dis1 for $50 off (first 10 registrants) 8am-6pm
- February 21/22 (Sat/Sun)-Sport and Health – Stafford., - -$400 – use code dis1 for $50 off (first 10 registrants) 8am-6pm
2015 CPT Course Line-up -
Sport and Health Club locations and Dates – course run from 8am-6pm Sat/Sun unless otherwise noted-
- Ballston Common -January 24th and 25th
- Stafford -February 21st and 22nd
- Lakeforest- March 21st and 22nd
- Regency- April 25th and 26th
- Brambleton- May 16th and 17st
- Ballston -June 20th and 21st
- Stafford -July 25th and 26th
- Lakeforest -August 22nd and 23rd
- Regency -September 26th and 27th
- Brambleton- October 17th and 18th
- Ballston -November 14th and 15th
- Lakeforest -December 12th and 13th
Merritt Athletic Club – Locations and Dates:
- Owings Mills – February 7th and 8th
- Downtown Athletic Club – April 11th and 12th
- White Marsh – June 6th and 7th
- Towson – August 8th and 9th
- Owings Mills – October 3rd and 4th
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Present and aspiring Personal Trainers
- Those interested in a possible career change to the health/fitness industry
- Recreational athletes
- General fitness enthusiasts
- Must be 18 years of age.
- A valid CPR certification is required in order for any NSPA certification to be valid. We are no longer requiring proof of current CPR status, but, at any time, during your certification period with NSPA, you must have a valid CPR certification in order for your NSPA certification to be valid.
COURSE HIGHLIGHTS – 2 DAY WORKSHOP
- Muscle Function and Awareness/Basic Physiology
- Reaching Your Potential as an Instructor
- Physical Assessments – Lecture and Application
- Principles of Training
- Developing a Fitness Program
- Aerobic Exercise Prescription
- Strength Training/Proper Technique and Spotting
- Flexibility Techniques
- Nutritional Guidelines
This course consists of two, nine-hour days of lecture, hands-on instruction, and demonstration.
Lectures are supported with practical application, emphasizing small group interaction and personal instruction conducted by NSPA Conditioning Specialist teaching staff.
The student does not test during the 2 day workshop. They take the materials home and study. When they are ready NSPA Offers testing every 4th Saturday of the month. The exam fee is $50. The student can sign up for the exam online. The registration opens in the beginning of the month for the exam that is being held that month. See the testing schedule.
Click Here for more Information on Testing
Cancellation of a Certification Course MUST BE IN WRITING(we will accept email) and postmarked 14 days prior to the scheduled course date. Or call 800-494-6772. There is a cancellation fee equal to 20% of the course fee. Less than 14 days cancellation notice is subject to a 30% cancellation fee, or the total course fee may be applied toward the next scheduled Certification Course. NSPA reserves the right to cancel/postpone courses at our own discretion.